There are so many things going on with Insert Blanc Press and our authors and artists and in the meantime we are looking for A Brilliant Insert Blanc Press Intern which you can find out about at the end of this post.
1. The PARROT series was featured in the exhibition Open Space: Micro-Press Works, 1950s to Present, from February 23 to May 11, 2012 at The Poetry Foundation's new Gallery in Chicago. Incidentally, you can still subscribe to the PARROT series and this is now the only way to get the full run of the series as most all of the first issues are already sold out. The following are some photos from the exhibition:
2. Insert Blanc Press Editor & Publisher Mathew Timmons is currently tweeting @Harriet_Poetry and if you're into Twitter that might interest you. Around here we are big fans of the twitters.
3. ship #x, Blanc Press Series by Christopher Russell is very nearly SOLD OUT! I highly suggest you pick one up today. Go to the ship #x page to find out more. Below is one piece from the series, ship #7:
4. Besides the first issue of Rabble coming very soon, Insert Blanc Press' Manifestoh! series will also be starting up with a new translation by Boris Dralyuk of manifestoes from the Russian Futurists, Joseph Mosconi's Fright Catalog will soon surface as a 100 page full color magazine, and the Insert Blanc Monograph series will begin with Artist's Monographs by Christopher Russell and Katie Herzog in large format, full-color, hardbound editions. If you were smart you would subscribe to Insert Blanc Press right now!
5. Insert Blanc Press authors and artists are up to some amazing things. Brian Joseph Davis, author of The Consumed Guide has been getting a whole lot of press for his project The Composites. Kate Durbin, author of E! Entertainment and the forthcoming Diamond Edition, has a couple recent reviews by Mark Wallace on his blog and by Lisa A. Flowers of The The Poetry who also followed up with an interview, and Alissa Nutting had an interesting conversation with Kate over at The Offending Adam. Teresa Carmody, author of PARROT 10 - I Can Feel, recently released I'll Drown My Book: Conceptual Writing by Women which she co-edited with Caroline Bergvall, Laynie Browne, and Vanessa Place. Dan Richert, .UNFO member and co-author of (!x==), has put up the original script that created (!x==) along with some moby wordlists and a text multiplier. Harold Abramowitz, .UNFO member and co-author of (!x==), had a book of his recently reviewed at Jacket2 and he has some new work up at esque and in Sidebrow's new multi-author chapbook White Horse. Vanessa Place, author of Tragodía: Statement of Facts, Statement of the Case, and Argument very recently was featured on HTMLGIANT with a fairly exhaustive web retrospective of her work. Of course, this barely amounts to a drop in the bucket on the list of all the things the artists and authors on Insert Blanc Press have been getting up to. We will certainly endeavor to keep all you everybody more up to date in the coming weeks and months.
6. Are You A Brilliant Insert Blanc Intern!?
Insert Blanc Press is currently searching for two brilliant interns. I've already found one brilliant intern, maybe you can be another brilliant intern. Please post and share this widely and be in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
An internship at Insert Blanc will offer you a glimpse into the secret insides of small press art and literary publishing from a not non-profit perspective. As an Insert Blanc Intern you will be at the center of the day-to-day workings of a small press, assisting with editorial decisions, book design and production, copy-editing and proof-reading. You will gain the experience of ushering work from initial idea to fully realized, beautifully produced and finalized project. You will also have the opportunity to assist in event planning for readings, special events and press benefits. You will gain a holistic perspective of the arts and literary landscape in Los Angeles as well as nationally and further abroad while working on publicity & marketing to promote Insert Blanc Press' various books, art series and other projects. You will assist in developing print projects through press releases, tracking and logging reviews and you will work with and help to develop the press' media assets to create web content, web updates and newsletters while building out various social networking platforms. You will gain a broad understanding of the publishing world while submitting books and publications for awards and working to increase book sales through developing partnerships with art and literary bookstores worldwide and locally while reaching out to larger institutions to encourage them to support the press and become subscribing members.
Please be in touch thru email@example.com and in 3-5 short paragraphs explain why you would be a brilliant Intern for Insert Blanc Press. Interest in contemporary art and literature is a plus and so are excellent writing and communication skills. Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator andor Photoshop and some familiarity with audio/video editing is a big plus. Those with adept abilities in the social media sphere are also sought after.
This position requires the ability to meet face-to-face and so any brilliant intern must live in Los Angeles and be willing to meet in the Silver Lake andor Echo Park area on a periodic basis.
The End of CREDIT
To celebrate the closing of Mathew Timmons: OPEN MIND come to Weekend Gallery Saturday, March 31 from 6-10pm for a performance of The End of CREDIT. Timmons 800 page large format hardbound book CREDIT was released in Septemeber 2009 and he began reading straight through it from page 1 in August 2010. On Saturday, March 31 from 6-10pm a small choir of Mathew Timmons, Geneva Skeen, Andrew Choate, Garrick Hogg, Elana Mann, Yecenia Torres and others will perform The End of CREDIT, the last pages of the book.
Mathew Timmons: OPEN MIND closing party
Saturday March 31 from 6-10pm
4634 HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD / LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA 90027
The Beginning of INSERT BLANC PRESS
From NOW into the foreseeable future
Everywhere on the Internet
20% discount use "2011 Prices"
OPEN MIND also showcases the publishing work of Insert Press and Blanc Press. For further cause of celebration we would like to announce the launch of a new combined publishing venture, Insert Blanc Press and a new website http://insertblancpress.myshopify.com Currently in beta version for testing while we move all the information from various places to one super website, during this time all Insert Blanc Press books, prints, chapbooks, subscriptions etc will be 20% off with the discount code "2011 Prices" Use the discount code during the checkout process and as many times as you like until summer.
I hope you will all join me for these grand gala events!
Editor & Publisher
Insert Blanc Press
Look for more news on books, readings, reviews, and all other things Insert Blanc Press, coming soon!