There are so many things going on with Insert Blanc Press and our authors and artists and in the meantime we are looking for A Brilliant Insert Blanc Press Intern which you can find out about at the end of this post.
1. The PARROT series was featured in the exhibition Open Space: Micro-Press Works, 1950s to Present, from February 23 to May 11, 2012 at The Poetry Foundation's new Gallery in Chicago. Incidentally, you can still subscribe to the PARROT series and this is now the only way to get the full run of the series as most all of the first issues are already sold out. The following are some photos from the exhibition:
2. Insert Blanc Press Editor & Publisher Mathew Timmons is currently tweeting @Harriet_Poetry and if you're into Twitter that might interest you. Around here we are big fans of the twitters.
3. ship #x, Blanc Press Series by Christopher Russell is very nearly SOLD OUT! I highly suggest you pick one up today. Go to the ship #x page to find out more. Below is one piece from the series, ship #7:
4. Besides the first issue of Rabble coming very soon, Insert Blanc Press' Manifestoh! series will also be starting up with a new translation by Boris Dralyuk of manifestoes from the Russian Futurists, Joseph Mosconi's Fright Catalog will soon surface as a 100 page full color magazine, and the Insert Blanc Monograph series will begin with Artist's Monographs by Christopher Russell and Katie Herzog in large format, full-color, hardbound editions. If you were smart you would subscribe to Insert Blanc Press right now!
5. Insert Blanc Press authors and artists are up to some amazing things. Brian Joseph Davis, author of The Consumed Guide has been getting a whole lot of press for his project The Composites. Kate Durbin, author of E! Entertainment and the forthcoming Diamond Edition, has a couple recent reviews by Mark Wallace on his blog and by Lisa A. Flowers of The The Poetry who also followed up with an interview, and Alissa Nutting had an interesting conversation with Kate over at The Offending Adam. Teresa Carmody, author of PARROT 10 - I Can Feel, recently released I'll Drown My Book: Conceptual Writing by Women which she co-edited with Caroline Bergvall, Laynie Browne, and Vanessa Place. Dan Richert, .UNFO member and co-author of (!x==), has put up the original script that created (!x==) along with some moby wordlists and a text multiplier. Harold Abramowitz, .UNFO member and co-author of (!x==), had a book of his recently reviewed at Jacket2 and he has some new work up at esque and in Sidebrow's new multi-author chapbook White Horse. Vanessa Place, author of Tragodía: Statement of Facts, Statement of the Case, and Argument very recently was featured on HTMLGIANT with a fairly exhaustive web retrospective of her work. Of course, this barely amounts to a drop in the bucket on the list of all the things the artists and authors on Insert Blanc Press have been getting up to. We will certainly endeavor to keep all you everybody more up to date in the coming weeks and months.